In this article I am going to give you some great articles on better blogging and better business that I have found interesting during the past week. Be sure to check both sets of articles, there is often relevant overlap!
1. One thing that bloggers should do on a regular basis, but do not, is back up their blogs. this article from Stephanie Glover of A Grande Life has some good information about backing up your blog. http://agrandelife.net/2013/03/06/how-to-back-up-your-wordpress-or-blogger-blog
2. Many bloggers write product reviews either to inform clients or as a way of earning income for their blogs. This article from Basics 4 Bloggers gives some good ideas on how to write great product reviews. http://basics4bloggers.com/2013/03/how-to-write-great-product-reviews/
3. I was involved in several conversations this week about media kits and the need for them. This article from Healthy Living In a Hectic World gives some ideas on how to create a media kit it you find the need for one. http://katywidrick.com/2012/10/24/blogger-media-kits-when-you-dont-have-much-traffic/
4. Bloggers are increasingly syndicating their content in an attempt to increase name recognition and share their messages with the world. There has been a great deal of debate about how Google views this process. This article from SEJ may help clear the picture. http://www.searchenginejournal.com/syndicated-content-duplicate-content/28833/
5. Many bloggers would like to have their head shots show up next to their listing in Google’s search engine results (SERP). This article from ProBlogger gives detailed instructions on how to make this happen. http://www.problogger.net/archives/2013/02/05/how-to-get-your-headshot-to-appear-in-google-results-wherever-your-content-is-published/
1. Entrepreneurs are used to being asked to give their opinion. One thing they are not used to doing is getting paid appropriately for that opinion. This article from Brass Tack Thinking gives real and concrete strategies that can be used by entrepreneurs in order to get the money they deserve. http://www.brasstackthinking.com/2013/02/the-no-nonsense-guide-to-getting-paid-for-your-expertise/
2. Social media is becoming increasingly important in the lives of entrepreneurs. It is becoming more and more important that entrepreneurs develop a strong and growing social media presence. This article from Entrepreneur gives ideas on how to make your brand memorable. http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/225844?hootPostID=b6f8a81c65cf9388cc7507f329037c14
3. Entrepreneurs, especially small business owners, have to concern themselves with marketing their businesses. This article from Hub Spot gives a long list of marketing mistakes entrepreneurs should take care to avoid. http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/34023/30-Careless-Mistakes-That-Will-Totally-Muck-Up-Your-Marketing.aspx
4. Pinterest is becoming increasingly popular and important in the lives of entrepreneurs. This article from Bill Crosby shows how Pinterest can be used by businesses. http://billcrosby.com/socialmedia/top-10-ways-to-use-pinterest-for-business/
If you come across an interesting article for bloggers or business people you would like me to highlight here, please email it to me at: janeanedavis@janeane’s world.com. It is sensational to get better at what you do. So, the question for you this sensational day is, what steps are you taking to make your blog and business better?