For many people who are between jobs, finding a new job is a necessity and not an option. At the same time, people are often demoralized after losing a job. It can be very scary and hard to look for a new job when you feel sad, angry or unhappy about being released from your previous job. If this is the situation you are facing, you may have to play some psychological games with yourself. By this I mean you may have to do some strange things like making the job search a game or an adventure. For example, try one or more of these ideas:
- pick three days in one week and see which day is the best day for finding a job
- predict which day will be the day you complete the most applications
- try to guess the most telephone contacts you can have in one day with potential employers
- roll a die to determine how many different versions of your resume you will create
It is magnificent to find a way to be get things done when inspiration is far away. There are some things we do because we have to do them, whether we want to or not. There are other things that we can only do if we have been inspired to do them. When we are inspired to do a task, some amazing results can be produced. However, there are times when inspiration is so far away, it might as well be on another planet. When inspiration is needed, but is nowhere to be found, you must find a way to suck it up and pull something out of your hat and get things done.
In this article I am going to give you some great articles on blogging and business that I have found interesting during the past week. Be sure to check both sets of articles, there is often relevant overlap!
1. Bloggers are learning that Google+ is becoming an increasingly popular is a social networking site to be mastered. This article from Amy Lynn Andrews boasts many tips to help with Google+. http://bloggingwithamy.com/google-plus-tips/
2. Being able to tell a story in a way that grabs attention and engages readers is an important skill for bloggers to develop. This article from Jessica Ann Media gives 10 tips to tell better stories. http://www.jessicaannmedia.com/10-tips-to-tell-better-stories/
3. Bloggers must be able to write good copy. This article from the people at Copy Blogger gives information on how to write good copy. http://www.copyblogger.com/short-guide-to-good-copy/
4. Bloggers often guest post on other blogs or accept guest post on their own blogs. This article from the people at Social Media School gives some of the benefits of guest blogging. http://www.socialmediaschoolny.com/guest-blogging/
5. Bloggers are writers and as such must pay attention to the quality of their work. This article from Lit Reactor gives a list of 20 common grammar mistakes and explains how to avoid them. http://litreactor.com/columns/20-common-grammar-mistakes-that-almost-everyone-gets-wrong
1. Entrepreneurs are aware of the benefits of the social media site LinkedIn. This article from Virtual Social Media gives tips on effectively managing a company’s LinkedIn page.
2. Entrepreneurs must pay attention to social media. This article from She Owns It gives advice on how to protect one’s self on social media. http://sheownsit.com/how-entrepreneurs-gamble-their-social-media-presence-ways-protect-yourself-by-prosperitygal/
3. Due to the importance and popularity of LinkedIn, entrepreneurs are increasingly using LinkedIn. This article from DashBurst gives five tips on making a better LinkedIn profile. http://dashburst.com/linkedin-profile-tips/
4. Along with all their other duties, many entrprenuers write newsletters and send them to customers, contacts and interested parties. This article from Design Web Kit gives advice on the best practices for newsletter and email design. http://designwebkit.com/web-and-trends/email-newsletter-design-best-practices-infographic/
5. Business is increasingly being done virtually. This article from Passion for Business gives a list of items that should be included in a welcome email to customers. http://www.passionforbusiness.com/blog/what-to-put-in-your-welcome-email/
If you come across an interesting article for bloggers or business people you would like me to highlight here, please email it to me at: janeanedavis@janeane’s world.com. It is sensational to get better at what you do. So, the question for you this sensational day is what steps are you taking to make your blog and business better?