It is fantastic to compliment a friend who seems to be able to achieve work and home balance.
Working women aka all women have seemingly hundreds of balls in the air at a time. Almost everyone has heard the expression, “A man works from sun to sun, but a woman’s work is never done.” Experience tells me this expression has a basis in reality. Women, whether they work outside the home, are work at home moms, or stay at home moms are all trying to balance their work responsibilities and their personal responsibilities to themselves. Make no mistake, running a home successfully requires many of the same skills as running a business:
- accounting: making the most of the income coming in and managing expenses
- legal: making sure all parties in the enterprise follow the rules of the game
- human resources: making sure the right person is assigned to each task
- balance is impossible, stop trying
- balance is hard but it can be done
- balance is easy what is the big deal
- balance is tricky, but with work you can come up with a plan that works
Human beings are social and communal creatures who thrive on good words, kind words and recognition. A woman who is balancing things satisfactorily in her own life is not going to preach her method to you. She will recognize that how she does it works for her life and her family and is custom fit for her. She will advise you to work towards finding a method of your own. She will not ask you for compliments. However, if you give them to her, she will thank you. She will take your compliment, put it in a virtual pocket and pull it out days or weeks later when she starts to feel a little tired, off-balance or off her game. Give her the compliment because it is a building block she will need and use. Give her the compliment because compliments are good to give and good to receive.