For example, check out this list of expenses I have for traveling to a conference in Chicago later this year:
|New Brief Case/Computer Bag||$100.00|
|Hosiery and Foundations||$100.00|
No matter what your income level, this is a significant amount of money to put out for a three day conference event. So, when I heard about The Blog Workshop’s online blog conference my attention was immediately grabbed. The Blog Workshop which is being held May 17 to May 19, 2013 costs $175.00. That is the total cost of the event because you attend at your computer from the convenience of your home.
There were several things I found interesting about The Blog Workshop Conference:
- a panel of eleven speakers including: Ryan Schram, IZEA’s Chief Marketing Executive, Holly Hamann of BlogFrog, and Linday Lee of Blog Trends
- an interesting list of agenda items including moving from blogger to bloggerprenuer, building relationships with media, and other ways to monetize your blogging efforts
- a blog scholarship opportunity for students from high school seniors through grad school students
- a grant opportunity or bloggers that includes registration, a grant of at least $500 and some publicity for your blog
- the Indiegogo program lets you send money to support other bloggers who want to attend the conference and offers you great gifts in exchange for your generosity
This video from Idiegogo was created to help you understand why you should attend The Blog Workshop Conference:
- make a list of the workshops you want to attend most
- make sure your laptop is charged for taking notes
- if you are old school, be sure to have lots of pen and paper
- turn of the phone, television, and computer notifications
- prepare a comfortable seat
- have water and a snack within reach
- prepare to learn and enjoy
I am looking forward to participating in The Blog Workshop and have my comfy chair picked out. I will be sure to have my tablet charged and my cold drink and snacks next to me on the table. How will you be preparing to participate in The Blog Workshop?
I want to disclose that I was compensated by The Blog Workshop to write this article. However all opinions found here are my own.