We had not had a home phone in our house for years because we had become smart phone people. But, with the price of the Verizon FiOS phone, internet and television package, a home phone just makes sense. It is great to tell my young ones to use the home phone to call their sister who is away at college rather than taking my phone!
Verizon FiOS has two incredible mobile apps. One allows you to watch television, including live television on your smart phone or tablet. As I type this blog post, I am actually watching television on my tablet device. the other app allows you to handle almost everything you need with your Verizon FiOS service including pay the bill, check out the rewards program and troubleshoot your service.
Now, all of that I just shared is common knowledge among those who use and love Verizon FiOS. Keep reading to check out some of the experiences my family has had with FiOS over past month. I am not including the story about the twins playing Marco Polo using the home phones because that has been going on for the past three months! These are a few of the things I shared on my Facebook page:
1. It is nice when you can sit home, enjoy web surfing while your husband streams videos and you sent the kids to bed early because you DVRed the movie the little ones wanted to stay up late to watch.
2. My favorite thing about FIOS is that when I watch MSNBC and wonder about something they are saying I can pause the television to look it up on the internet! Real time fact checking rocks!]
3. Twin Z – mom we have the fast internet so download Skype on my tablet because I am feeling a little lazy and don’t want to come downstairs to talk to you. I just want to Skype you.
4. FiOS just plain makes life better. That is how my young daughter described it.
5. If you work at home and have great internet life is good right? Well, as I work on the internet, I am streaming the television show “ZOO.” Now I am looking at the cat and dog funny and feeling rather nervous about the neighbor’s pets. #entrepreneurialproblems#WAHMproblems.
6. True story that just happened at my house: Twin C “Mom when you write about FiOS this week you should tell them your child just downloaded a game on her tablet and it took less than five seconds really. You should tell them, people want to know that.
7. If you want to have some fun, start talking to your children in slang. I have my Spelie, Euphoria shaking her head because I just used 4 unrelated slang properly comments in a sentence. Thanks to technology, I can embarrass her from a million miles away. hahahahaha
8. Here is another reason I am enjoying my Verizon FiOS – I was in a meeting and could not watch the Democratic Presidential Debate. So, I did what any genius would do – DVR to the rescue and I can watch it this morning as I work. FiOS makes it possible to be a political junkie on your own terms!
9. I have a new basil plant in my office window. It smells SO GOOOD!!! Can you just eat basil leaves. I don’t know. I used my speedy internet service to find out, yes, I can eat my basil leaves right off the plant! Yayyy internet
10. Today on the way home from ballet, Twin Z asked me to buy her an island. She said it just as if she was asking me to buy her a bag of chips. I love her confidence in my abilities and now I am off to use the internet to research available islands and prices.
I KNOW no family in the world has those exact stories about their experience with Verizon FiOS. That is my favorite thing about FiOS, it matches my family and fits seamlessly into our lives. When was the last time you purchased a product or service that simply makes life better and pleases every member of the family while fitting seamlessly into your life?