Wonderful Wednesday – it is wonderful to start the day with a plan for success.
Each Wonderful Wednesday throughout the month of October has been dedicated to ways to start the day in order to get the results you want. The articles have talked about starting the day with prayer, a good attitude, positive affirmation and by looking towards the evening. Today, the final article in the series will deal with starting the day with a plan to be happy.
Almost everyone has heard the old expression, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” It got to be an old expression because it is true. If there is a certain outcome that you desire, plan and take the steps to make it happen. If you fail to come up with that plan, if you leave things to chance and happenstance, you have not prepared for success. Recently, I attended the PowerUp Weekend conference. It was an amazing conference designed to help all women become more powerful. It was incredible because all women were respected, from the CEOs of major organizations to stay at home mothers. Each woman was told she was valuable and deserving of respect and powerful in her own right. There were a number of amazing workshops all of which had as a main theme, plan your life then work your plan.
I will sum up the conference sessions I attended for those of you not fortunate enough to attend:
1. The conference organizer Uneeka Jay talked about the need to plan for the moment before the click of your coffin lid and plan how you want your life to unfold, what you want to accomplish and what you want to be the memory you leave behind.
2. J. J. DiGerinimo talked about how you are obligated not to leave your life to chance, but instead must plan with whom and where you will spend your time.
3. Monica Barnett, an amazing woman of style talked about planning your wardrobe because how you look determines what people will think of you before you even open your mouth.
4. Stacey Ferguson talked about blogging and how you need to plan your blog to meet the need you wish it to fill. Helen Jonsen talked about personal branding and how it is important to have your elevator pitch, focused, touching and ready to deliver to your target with no hesitation.
5. Cheryl Pullins talked about the balance myth and how it is important to plan your life, to decide to do the right things with your time so that you can be in balance.
6. Dr. Nicole Cutts taught us about vison boards and how planning what your life if and speaking as if it is now is the first step toward accomplishing your goals.
7. Jim Smith, the final speaker for the day talked about planning what you are going to do about things and taking action now because there is no need to wait.
As this summary shows, the common theme throughout the day was that you must plan your life in order to get the outcome you want. If you want to have a particular outcome, plan for it then take the steps necessary to make the plan happen. If you want a promotion at work, plan for it, then take the action called for in your plan. If you want to get all your household chores done, make plan, write a list, then get busy working that plan. No matter what you want to accomplish in life, it all starts with a plan. Jesse Jackson once said, “If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” That saying holds true for you. Start your day with a plan. It does not have to be a plan to achieve world domination by dinner time. It could be as simple as getting through the work day, the kids activities, dinner and personal time with your spouse. All of those things don’t just happen, you have to plan, schedule and prepare. Start the day with a plan to get done what you want then spend the day working the plan.
There are a great number of tools to help you plan. Two popular tools right now are mind maps and vision boards. I personally use both these tools in to help me plan action at home an din my business. I shall be starting vision boarding for my business clients to help them get from where they are to where they want to be. You are powerful because you have the ability to think and to plan. So sit down now with some great tools and plan something, anything and then take the steps to make the thing you plan happen.
Remember, it is up to you to plan how you will spend your day, your time and your resources. So, the question for you this wonderful Wednesday is what is your plan for your day, your year, your life?