This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I live a storybook, happy-ending type of life, and I am glad that things like K-Y® TOUCH® exist to help me turn that storybook from non-fiction, to sci-fi, to romance at the drop of a hat! I first met my husband when I was a tender young thing of 19. I was a sophomore at the local community college and he was an older student. I did not notice him at all for months. He noticed me right away to hear him tell the story. I think he noticed my long legs and short skirts! But when I did notice him for the first time, oh baby! I was hooked. I wanted to marry him the first time I noticed him and talked to him. We were both tutors at the time. I tutored English and he tutored accounting. When he walked up to me, I was reading The Communist Manifesto for my honors philosophy class. Darren walked up to me and his opening line was, “You know Marx was an idiot.” That line, those words, I was hooked. I actually wanted to marry him that day.
25 years have passed in just a heartbeat!
In my mind I practiced the story I was going to tell my mother about how we ran off to Vegas to get married, and I would be back at school on Monday. But alas, Darren did not have the vision I had, and we did not get married that Saturday afternoon. Instead of running off to Las Vegas, we walked over to the school library and talked for hours while looking for books. Looking back on it now, it should not have taken three hours to find those two books I ended up taking out of the library that day. Instead of becoming newlyweds at the age of 19 and 24, we became friends. We were friends, the very best of friends for two years. Then we dated for two years before we got married. I was 23 for a whole month when we got married in March of 1990. The years passed and our love grew as did our family. We now have 4 children. Before we knew it, life happened, and more than 25 years have passed. Today we are one of those old married couples people talk about. We are that couple that finishes each other’s sentences and tell the same stories at the same time even across crowded rooms. Over the past 25 years I have learned that romance and intimacy do not die over time. To the contrary. it gets deeper, more dependable, and more desirable. Like most people, when I was young, I could not imagine my parents being romantic with one another. Life has come full circle and now we drive our children crazy with our HDAs (household displays of affection). It is fun to see my children react to us giving each other a quick kiss or a pat on the bottom as we pass each other. Over the course of our lives together we have had dozens upon dozens of people give us marital advice. We have learned to smile and thank the advice givers with grace and tact. My favorite piece of advice came from my now deceased grandma-in-law who told me that if I wanted to keep my husband I should “give him everything he wants at home so when those fast-tail girls in the street offer him something, he won’t care because he already has it at home.” When grandma told me this story, she was 72 years old and had outlived 5 husbands and two serious boyfriends. She knew a little something about keeping a marriage going “til death do us part.”
25 Years and he still has got IT!
I never give unsolicited marital advice. I have learned over time that what works at my house and in my marriage works because my husband and I are a good match for each other.We are both people of faith and that strengthens our bond and helps us to work out the inevitable disagreements that have come up over the years. One thing that time and children has taught me is that romance sometimes has to happen at home. When you have several children and no reliable babysitters nearby, you learn to make romance special and happen at home. Young wives often think their husbands “should just know” what is romantic. They also tend to think that romance involves spending money and leaving the house to do things. Experience teaches different lessons. I never shared that belief. I always believed that beggars could be choosers. After all, if I am going to beg, I will choose the items for which I will beg. Before we were married I told my husband the things I liked, what I thought was romantic and what would put me in a good mood. I showed him the bubble bath, lotions, purses and books I liked. I showed him expensive stuff and the cheap stuff so that no matter what our money situation he could go get me what I wanted. He showed me the computer games he liked, the magazines he liked to read, and the clothes stores he liked.
Over the years, the things we like has changed. Darren now knows that if he wants to make me happy, he can give me a ball of yarn or some electronic gadget. I know that if I give him some cuff links and let him see me clean he will be romantically charged! The secret to a long-lasting marriage is to find out what your spouse likes and provide those things. Do not just do what you like, give your spouse what he likes if you are trying to make him feel romantic, loved and ready for intimacy. As the holiday season approaches, people are celebrating 12 days of almost everything. This year I am treating my husband to 12 Days of Passion with K-Y® TOUCH®. After all, he is entitled to some good stuff for being such a wonderful husband for all these years. Here are the things I will treat this to him during his 12 Days of Passion. These activities are things that will thrill my husband and put him the mood for romance. After you look at my list, feel free to copy any and all of these items or add some of you own to create your own list of fun activities for 12 Days of Passion.
1. Send a handwritten letter through snail mail– it is rare to get handwritten letters in the mail. So, a surprise piece of mail delivered with the normal mail will be a welcome surprise.
2. Make dinner in bed– everyone does breakfast in bed. A dinner in bed after a long day at work is a chance to do something different and to really relax and get comfortable after a hard day at work.
3. Send an email love note– our inboxes are often so full of junk that an email with your name in the send category will delight your spouse. Fill the note with words of love, appreciation and admiration. This will be an email that never gets deleted and will get read over and over again.
4. Have movie night at home – most couples go to the movies at least a few times while dating. It is fun and nostalgic to have a movie night at home with hot buttery popcorn, lights out and snuggling up on the couch will remind you of the fun times you had at the movies before marriage.
5. Make date night at home – normally when one goes out for a date she showers, puts on some makeup, wears a nice outfit, perfume and carries her cute purse, not her functional mommy purse. Do this for your date night at home. Get all gussied up as if you were going out. Set out a nice dinner just like one you would eat at a local restaurant complete with dessert. It makes staying at home special.
6. Leave a series of note cards throughout the house that he will encounter through the day – the first note, left on the bed by the pillow will be a nice surprise. The second note will make him grin like a little kid. If there are notes in surprising places, like the towel rack, toilet paper holder, inside the refrigerator and his favorite seat in the living room will have him grinning like a kid in a candy store.
7. Make a bubble bath with drinks – women often enjoy bubble baths with candles, what
Men love bubble baths too!
some don’t realize is that men also like bubble baths. Prepare a bubble bath for your spouse and bring a little table to the bathroom with his favorite cold drink so he can relax and enjoy the bubbles and his favorite drink.
8. Send erotic text messages throughout the day – short little suggestions and ideas throughout the day will make your spouse smile and remember romantic and intimate times from the past or think of things to come.
9. Watch a show your partner likes and act as though you enjoy it– almost every husband has one show he watches that his wife cannot stand. To add a little romance to your life, watch television with your spouse and insist that he watch one of those shows that you cannot stand. Find something good to say about the show, the characters or the story line. If you behave as though you enjoy the show or enjoy his enjoyment of it, your spouse will be filled with appreciation. Appreciation very easily can turn to romance!
10. Spend the day telling your partner just how attractive he is– set alarms on your phone to tell your husband how desirable and attractive he is every two hours. it will make him feel good to get reminders throughout the day from you about how attractive, wonderful and desirable you find him to be.
11. Let your partner “overhear” you talking to a friend about how thankful you are for him – we are all taught not to eavesdrop, but we really cannot help it. Give a friend a call and accidently, let your spouse hear you talk about his kindness, generosity, great skills as a father, wonderful personality and other such qualities. He will not be able to resist listening once he hears his name. He will smile and his chest will swell with pride when he hears your wonderful compliments and praises.
12. Clean the house– maybe this one will only work for me, but my husband feels awfully romantic while watching me clean the house! Life I said, every idea is not for every person, but cleaning the house is an easy way to get my husband in a romantic mood!
ky touch 2 in 1
Each of these 12 activities can be topped of by spending some intimate time together with K-Y® Touch 2–in-1 Massage Creme and Pleasure Oil. There is something romantic and special about massage. The human touch is special and it is a wonderful thing to be touched from all over by someone you love. K-Y® Touch is a delightful addition to your time with your spouse. It is a light, non-greasy lubricant that can be applied all over the body. No matter where you like to be touched, you can use K-Y® Touch. It has a pleasing smell and is light to the touch. Think of it as a way to give a massage plus! Massage is a nice way to be romantic and intimate with your partner. When you add K-Y® Touch to the mix you add something that ignites the intimate connection between you and your spouse. The special features of the creme are activated by your touch. It is as if you and your spouse unlock the magic by touching each other, as if the magic did not exist before your touch. The sensation you will feel has been described by some as “warm cashmere” it builds and gets stronger with each touch. This means that as you and your partner massage each other the sensation will get stronger and more delightful. This will encourage you to touch each other more and to spend more time enjoying special time together.
While you use K-Y® Touch keep in mind it is a non-therapeutic creme that can be used all over the body, not just in intimate areas.This means that you can apply a little to your partner’s arm during dinner as a tease to indicate the joy to come later. After all, sometimes it is nice to tease your spouse a little before the romantic and intimate interlude. Anticipation can sometimes make things more enjoyable later.
If you are new to K-Y® TOUCH®, check out the website where you will find a variety of great products that are part of the K-Y® family and will enhance intimacy between you and your partner. When you find something you like, print this $2 off one K-Y® product coupon that I used at Walmart when I purchased my K-Y® TOUCH® for my 12 Days of Passion Celebration. You can find K-Y® TOUCH® in the family planning section of Walmart. This is how I plan to celebrate with my husband this holiday season. What are your plans for a 12 Days of Passion Celebration?
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.