We train teams to work with confidence and competence. Call us at 484 381 0532. Email us at email@example.com.
There are 5 reasons your home helps you work smarter on the job and that is fantastic. People often say they should be grateful for their jobs because they make home life possible. What some people do not realize is that our homes often make our jobs possible. Home makes jobs possible because at home we learn skills that teach us to work smarter on the job.
1. Conflict resolution – When you live in a home with other people one thing that is certain is that there will conflicts. Human beings will disagree over big and small matters and these disagreement aka conflicts will have to be resolved. Most of the conflicts that arise in the home will be resolved and everyone still has to live together at the end. At home you have to find a way to resolve your differences and still get along and have harmony. This skill you learn at home, helps you walk smarter on the job.
2. Time Management – At home there is always something to do. Moms who work outside the home have an interesting set of time management problems. Everyone is familiar with the saying, “A man works from sun to sun, but a woman’s work is never done.” In many cases it seems that there are more tasks that need to be done each day than can fit into the day. This forces people to learn time management at home. Time management is a skill that is needed in the workplace. Learning time management at home, helps you work smarter on the job.
3. Purpose – There is a reason that people come home. In some cases a spouse or children provide a reason to get up and move. In other cases the need to do household chores provides purpose for life. Each person’s purpose for living, for getting out of bed and living life. Learning to identify purpose, reason for being and one’s place in the universe at home helps one identify their reason for being in the work place. This is a lesson that helps you work smarter on the job.
4. Community Relations – At home there are neighbors, store owners, family members, churches and all kinds of things that from our communities. Some things in our communities we like and others we do not. In order to be happy, to stay out of jail and to fit it, we must learn to navigate within our communities. This is a skill that is needed at work where we have to deal with co-workers, subordinates and superiors, customers and the competition. Learning good community relations skills at home helps you work smarter on the job.
5. Golden Rule – Almost everyone has heard of the Golden Rule aka treat others the way you want to be treated. This is a hard concept for people to learn. What many people do instead is treat people how they have been treated, not the same thing. It is important to learn this rule at home and practice it home, a safe place. If you learn to apply this rule properly at home it translates into better attitudes and behavior at work. Learning the Golden Rule and applying it properly at home helps you work smarter on the job.
It is important to realize that our home lives are important to our jobs because the skills we learn and perfect at home help us to be better at our jobs. These skills help us to work smarter on the job. In many cases you get better results from working smarter instead of just working harder.
In conclusion, it is fantastic to know that there are 5 reasons your home makes work better. So, the question for you this fantastic day is, what about your home life that helps you work smarter on the job?