In this article I am going to give you some great articles on better blogging and better business that I have found interesting during the past week. Be sure to check both sets of articles, there is often relevant overlap!
1. Bloggers must take care to properly disclose many things in their blogs. This article from Blogging With Amy gives some good advice on how to properly disclose things in their blogs. http://bloggingwithamy.com/how-to-disclose-affiliate-links/
2. Many bloggers use Google+ Hangout for a variety of purposes. This YouTube video from Sue Soucy gives instructions on how to embed a Google+ Hangout into a blog page or post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWZL5OYHRIM
3. Increasing search engine traffic is an important goal for many bloggers. This article from Mashable gives advice on how to ethically increase search engine traffic on your site. http://mashable.com/2013/09/09/increase-search-traffic/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link
4. Some bloggers receive a ton of bad messages and pitches from various businesses and PR companies. This article from The Bloggess is one of the best responses to this problem I have ever see and it’s pretty funny. http://thebloggess.com/heres-a-picture-of-wil-wheaton-collating-papers/
5. Bloggers are often concerned about their Google Page rank and get upset when their page rank does not change after they have tweaked their blogs. This article from Page Rank Updates gives some good information on what Google Page Rank is and how often it is updated. http://pagerankupdates.com/when-will-the-next-google-toolbar-pagerank-update-happen.html
1. Entrepreneurs are increasingly using contests on social media as a means of marketing and selling their products. This article from Babble gives information on changes to the way Facebook handles contests that entrepreneurs should know. http://www.babble.com/tech/huge-change-to-rules-for-facebook-contests-and-youre-gonna-love-em/
2. Entrepreneurs are using social media to reach customers. This article from The Social Media Examiner gives three strategies for finding customers with social media. http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/3-strategies-for-finding-customers-with-social-media/
3. Entrepreneurs must be concerned with how their brands are perceived by the public. This article from Women’s Entrepreneur gives three examples of bad branding practices that should be avoided. http://womanentrepreneursmentor.com/blog/branding-blunders-three-key-ways-youre-razing-your-brand/
4. Entrepreneurs are often required to give presentations. This article from Dr. Michelle Mazur helps entreprenuers identify the type of presenter they are and how to best use that information. http://mmazur.wpengine.com/2013/10/whats-your-presenter-type-and-how-knowing-will-make-you-a-better-speaker.html
If you come across an interesting article for bloggers or business people you would like me to highlight here, please email it to me at: janeanedavis@janeane’s world.com. It is sensational to get better at what you do. So, the question for you this sensational day is what steps are you taking to make your blog and business better?