We train teams to work with confidence and competence. Call us at 484 381 0532. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this article I am going to give you some great articles on blogging and business that I have found interesting during the past week. Be sure to check both sets of articles, there is often relevant overlap!
1. At the heart of it all, bloggers are writers. This article from Philly.com about the late Elmore Leonard gives his ten rules for writing. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/movies/Elmore-Leonards-10-Rules-of-Good-Writing.html#0XkDA5wTLk6bZyM4.01
2. The social network Instagram is becoming increasingly popular among bloggers. This article from Slap DashMom gives some ideas on how to increase the number of Instagram followers a person has. http://slapdashmom.com/how-to-get-more-likes-and-followers-on-instagram/
3. Bloggers often provide sponsored content or advertisements. This article from McDermmott, Will and Emory gives an explanation on the FTC rules bloggers must follow for advertisements and sponsored content. http://www.mwe.com/FTC-Updates-Guidelines-for-Making-Proper-Disclosures-in-Digital-Advertising-04-22-2013/
4. Starting a blog requires planning . This article from Blogelina gives some introductory promotion ideas for new bloggers. http://www.blogelina.com/2013/08/starting-a-blog-promotion/
5. Many bloggers are concerned with SEO aka Search Engine Optimization because internet searches can be a very good source of blog traffic. This article from The Moz Blog talks about the relationship between G+ on Google and search engine results. http://moz.com/blog/google-plus-correlations
1. Entrepreneurs often would like to be seen as experts in their field in order to increase reputation and revenue. This article from Black Enterprise talks about how blogging can help brand an entrepreneur as an expert. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.blackenterprise.com/career/how-blogging-can-help-brand-you-as-an-expert/
2. Many entrepreneurs see no reason to enter the blogosphere. This article from The Kai Con Group gives 4 reasons why a business needs a blog. http://kaicongroup.com/2013/08/08/4-reasons-why-your-business-site-needs-a-blog/
3. Technology makes it easier to work from home than ever before. This article from Inc.com gives 18 tips for working from home. http://www.inc.com/christina-desmarais/get-more-done-18-tips-for-telecommuters.html
4. People often have misconceptions about why someone would become an entrepreneur. This article found on LinkedIn talks about some motivations for entrepreneurship. https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130812151125-204068115-the-misconceptions-of-entrepreneurship?_mSplash=1
If you come across an interesting article for bloggers or business people you would like me to highlight here, please email it to me at: janeanedavis@janeane’s world.com. It is sensational to get better at what you do. So, the question for you this sensational day is what steps are you taking to make your blog and business better?