In this article I am going to give you some great articles on better blogging and better business that I have found interesting during the past week. Be sure to check both sets of articles, there is often relevant overlap!
1. Bloggers are aware that cross promotion on the Pinterest site can help increase their blog’s audience. This article from The Sits Girls gives good information on how to find out when others are pinning images from your blog post. Knowing what your readers like may lead to better blogging. http://www.thesitsgirls.com/blogging/get-pinterest-notifications-someone-pins-image-website/
2. Many bloggers are upset about how many requests they get to work for free while everyone else in the promotional chain is getting paid. This YouTube video from Enzo Dal Verme provides great information on what it is like to work for “exposure” only. Earning fair pair for work may lead to better blogging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6B6OXnyaRk
3. Bloggers are writers which means they are artistic. All artists need to find inspiration from time to time. This article from Julie Unplugged gives some ideas on inspiration. Inspired writing may lead to better blogging. http://juliejordanscott.typepad.com/julie_unplugged/2013/11/ifybwc1118.html
4. Bloggers are concerned with how their websites look and how the information is communicated to readers. This article from Creative Market contains an interesting discussion about font icongraphics that shouldn’t be missed. You can obtain better blogging results by communicating the message better. https://creativemarket.com/blog/2013/11/01/5-fascinating-font-infographics
5. Bloggers need to get readers to stay on their sites as long as possible to share their messages, communicate and build community. This article from Blogging Wizard gives ideas on keeping readers on your blog for up to 40 minutes. When you do better blogging, your audience will stay longer. http://bloggingwizard.com/magnetic-content/
My favorite article in the group for bloggers this week is actually the YouTube video because my family needs cash, not exposure, to cover our living expenses.
1. Entrepreneurs are often experts in their areas of operation. Writing an e-book may be a good way to increase visibility and credibility in the marketplace. This article from Hub Spot gives information on writing e-books. Being seen as an expert can help you do better business. http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-create-ebooks-free-templates-ht
2. Entrepreneurs often depend upon word of mouth for referrals. This article from Brazen Life gives tips on how to get more word of mouth referrals. Better business outcomes are often possible with customers who come by word of mouth referrals. http://blog.brazencareerist.com/2013/06/21/12-tips-for-getting-more-word-of-mouth-referrals/
My favorite article for entrepreneurs this week is the one on word of mouth referrals because I would like to increase my referral customer rate.
If you come across an interesting article for bloggers or business people you would like me to highlight here, please email it to me at: janeanedavis@janeane’s world.com. It is sensational to get better at what you do. So, the question for you this sensational day is what steps are you taking to make your blog and business better?