In this article I am going to give you some great articles on better blogging and better business that I have found interesting during the past week. Be sure to check both sets of articles, there is often relevant overlap!
1. Bloggers are increasingly using Google for a variety of reasons. This article from Basic Blog Tips gives ideas for building relationships using the Google+ platform. These ideas can help you get better at blogging. http://basicblogtips.com/relationship-google-plus.html
2. Sponsored posts help many bloggers earn money for their work. This article from the Share a Sale Daily Blog gives ideas on what a blogger should be charging for sponsored post work. For some bloggers, better blogging is compensated blogging. http://blog.shareasale.com/2013/11/09/howto-how-to-value-your-blog-for-sponsored-posts/
3. Holiday gift guides and gift guides in general are popular among bloggers during certain times of the year. This article from Type A Parent gives 5 good tips to make a gift guide better. http://typeaparent.com/5-common-mistakes-bloggers-gift-guides.html
4. YouTube is appealing to many bloggers who use it to cross promote or expand blog coverage. This article from 12 Stars Media Production gives good ideas on how to get better SEO results with YouTube videos. http://12starsmedia.com/blog/5-simple-youtube-seo-mistakes
My favorite article in the group for bloggers this week is the one on what to charge for sponsored posts. I liked this article because it helped me set my prices at a rate that is fair to me and to companies who would like to do business with me.
1. Entrepreneurs in some industries prize innovation. In this article from Fast Company you can read about how a deeper understanding of customers can fuel innovation. http://www.fastcompany.com/3021334/leadership-now/how-a-deeper-customer-understanding-can-energize-innovation
2. Every entrepreneur wishes she knew things she didn’t when she started her business. In this article from Medium we get a peek at business advice from an “unfunded” entrepreneur. https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/3dc264023df5
3. Almost every entrepreneur has heard stories about the secrete of lasting entrepreneurial success. Here is another set of secrets from Entrepreneur. http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/22701
My favorite article for entrepreneurs this week is the one from Medium. I like it because it starts off with a quote from Snoop about what he learned while selling crack, “common sense rules over everything.”
If you come across an interesting article for better blogging or better business you would like me to highlight here, please email it to me at: email@example.com. It is sensational to get better at what you do. So, the question for you this sensational day is what steps are you taking to make your blog and business better?