It is magnificent to take time first thing in the morning to get your emotional house in order.
I am an advocate for getting dressed before one gets out of bed in the morning. By this I mean that before one gets out of bed in the morning, she should spend time, thinking, planning and getting herself ready to face the world and the challenges to come that day. The morning is a good time to take stock of one’s emotional health. Before you get out of bed, take time and do some personal inventory:
- are there ongoing issues which cause you stress and aggravation
- is there a person who is making you feel ill at ease and upset in some way
- do you feel apprehensive and do not know why
- are you dreading the start of the day
- read the bible
- speak positive affirmations to myself
- I am a child of God
- I am Janeane Michelle James Davis and I love me
- Today will be magnificent
- I control my life
- My outcome is determined by the choices I make and the reactions I display
This is the routine that starts me off on good footing and helps me leave the bed with a smile. I encourage you to get your own happy, healthy morning routine. In conclusion, it is magnificent to get your emotional health in order first thing in the morning. So, the question for you this magnificent day is how do you get your emotional health in order each morning?