There are always articles, televisions stories and radio programs all about organization and secret tips for getting organized. I am not ashamed to admit that I have checked out my fair share of them and I have walked away discouraged. When I look at the before pictures in the magazine or on the television shows, I wish my after shots would look that good! I want some organizing tips for a woman like me, a work at home wife and mom with four active kids. I have never found any tips that would work for my household, so in the spirit of necessity being the mother of invention, I have created my own organizing plan for work at home mothers.
- admit that perfect is not necessary, good is good enough
- stop caring what the neighbors’ houses look like, take care of your own
- make realistic work hours that fit your actual home
- get the whole family involved in keeping things organized
- put things away as you go along, not later
- make cleaning up a daily routine and get the whole family involved by making it fun – a 30 second tidy up period