The new school year has started and with it a new allergy season for many children. When I wait for the school bus with my kids each morning there are 6 other moms waiting with me, so of course conversation always turns to our children’s health and well-being. One thing that we have talked about is children’s allergies. Children’s Claritin is a great tool in your arsenal to keep your children healthy enough to go to school.
If you have a child who suffers from allergies. Check out these tips for ideas on how to help your children deal with their allergies:
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn’t like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Do your children suffer from allergies? If so, please share your allergy relief tips here so other moms can use them to help their kids feel better.