It is terrific to learn that life will get better even though the it may take time. The modern world in which we live often moves quickly from one event to the next. However, some of the most important things in life have to be lived, dealt with and handled slowly, carefully and cannot be rushed. I have learned over the course of time that when a big problem or bad situation happens there are several steps that I go through:
- the problem occurs
- have reaction to the problem
- hypothesize solutions to the problem
- solve the problem
- move past the problem
I have had some interesting reactions from people as a result of a recent personal tragedy:
- You and your children were in a hit and run accident, ok you are still alive, move on
- You witnessed your children laying in the street injured and potentially permanently injured, ok, keep going
- Your child is injured and will have a long recovery ahead, ok get over it
- You are receiving insurmountable medical bills you cannot pay, it’s ok, don’t worry about it
- You just experienced the worst day of your life, ok move past it
I am not advocating that one wallow in a problem forever. Nor am I advising people to remain in the moment of the tragedy for ever. If a major problem occurs, go through the process I listed above. It will help you move immediately experiencing the problem to moving past the problem in a focused organized manner. I am advising that you take the time you need to go from one step to the next. Do not rush to heal or get over it in order to meet the schedules or expectations of those around you. Proper healing happens when it happens, it cannot be rushed along without care for the person involved. If as you go from one step in the problem process to the next, if you find that you are having a difficult time or that moving forward is taking longer than you feel comfortable with experiencing, seek professional assistance.
In conclusion, it is terrific to learn that life will get better one day, so hang in there take your time. So, the question for you today is, are you pushing people to hurry up and get over it?