Some people find serenity one day per week by reviewing the news they have missed during the course of the week. If you are one of those people, this is the place for you! Here are the things we covered on Janeane’s World this week.
1. It is magnificent to take action now and to know you can read a book to learn how. In order to get things done, one must learn to TAN aka take action now. All the planning, research and preparedness training in the world will accomplish nothing, until a person steps up and takes action.
2. It is terrific to know you can beat procrastination if you learn to eat the elephant. Procrastination is that thing that causes people to put off doing what needs to be done. There are a million reasons why people procrastinate. One of the most common is that the things that need to be done are so big that the tasks seem overwhelming. When you are faced with a big task that needs to be done and procrastination rears its ugly head, do not fear. Instead, stand up straight, chin up, shoulders back and kick procrastination in the teeth. You can do this by breaking remembering how to eat an elephant.
3. It is wonderful to learn better ways to do a job search such as reading industry publications. Each day people across the country look for jobs. Some of these job seekers are traditional 9 to 5 employees. Other job seekers are freelancers and still others are entrepreneurs looking for new clients. No matter what category you fall into, your job search will be more successful when you read industry publications.
4. It is thrilling to learn to run your business better by participating in social networking groups. Social networking sites are increasing in popularity among individuals and businesses. In its October 2014 issue, the magazine Popular Photography stated that 72.5% of photographers post their photos to social media and that 56.2% post their photographs to Facebook. While the bad points of social networking sites are often discussed, there are good things that come from social networking sites. One of the good things that comes from social networking sites is that entrepreneurs can learn ways to do business better.
5. It is fantastic to know when it comes to work life balance you can ask a mom how to do it. The internet, bookstores, newspapers and even grocery market lines are always full of people talking about how hard it is to balance work and life. I am always amused by the “experts” who are full of advice on how it can or cannot be done. These alleged experts talk about which side is more important and why we are all doomed because work life balance will never be achieved. Today I encourage you to stop listening to all the experts who tell you that work life balance is impossible. Instead, I want you to go ask a mom. Look around at your friends, family members and co-workers, somewhere in that group is a mom who is making it work.
6. It is sensational to know that you can advocate for your children and to get the tools to do it. Before I began working as a writer and a blogger I worked as an attorney. It was wonderful work. I loved fighting for my clients, doing all I could to help them achieve their goals. I took my role as an advocate for others seriously. So, it was only natural that I see one of my primary roles as a mother to be an advocate for my children.
[Tweet “Celebrate, the past week may have had ups and downs, but you made it over!”]
In conclusion, some people find serenity one day per week by reviewing the news they have missed during the course of the week. Thank you for stopping by to visit with us. I hope your visit was a good one and that you will be back soon. Before you go, the question for you is, what was the best part of your week?