When it comes to work, it is wonderful to show up like a grown-up. A basic reality of life is that many of us must work for a living. Some of us work for others and some of us work for ourselves. No matter which is the case, the fact remains that we must work to earn a living.
When you must work for a living it is important for you to show up like a grown-up. Grown-ups are responsible, mature, and able to handle the responsibilities of work. Look at the following differences between children at work and grown-ups at work:
Children at work:
- show up just before work starts or late
- play around all day
- refuse to accept any extra assignments
- counter-productive in team tasks
- treat work as if it is a playground
Adults at work:
- show up at work station at least 15 minutes before start time
- work throughout the day
- accept extra assignments within reason
- are a valuable part of team assignments
- treat work as if what is being done is important
Be Grateful for Your Job Even When it is Time to Go – when it is time to move on, still be grateful for the job you had. Click here to read more.
The economy is improving and in many industries, finding a job is easier today than it has been for quite a while. That does not change the fact that if you want to remain gainfully employed or want to continue operating a successful business, you must, without exception, show up like a grown-up every day and actually work at work. So, the question for you this wonderful day is what are your tips for showing up like a grown-up at work?